John Ehlers is a name you’ll run across when you start your journey into testing various indicators and filters to be used in your trading models. I remember reading about the Laguerre Filter and Laguerre RSI many years ago when they first appeared on the scene. At the time I was not nearly into quantitative trading as I am today. So let’s take a closer look at the Laguerre RSI and answer a simple question: Can the Laguerre RSI perform better than our standard 2-period RSI? Laguerre RSI (LRSI) was authored by John Ehlers. You can read about the Laguerre filter in his article, “Time Warp – Without Space Travel“. At the heart of the LRSI indicator is the Laguerre […]Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "Laguerre RSI"
- Using “Jenga” To Explain The Housing Crisis
- The Wall Street Code
- Effective Indicators for Trading Strategies
- From Predictive Modeling to Optimization: The Next Frontier
- Computer Algorithms Flying Quadcopters…Amazing!
- High Frequency Trading and The New Algorithmic Ecosystem
- The Impact of Algorithmic Trading