It’s been about a year since I’ve taken a look at the very popular 2-period RSI trading method by Larry Connors and Cesar Alvarez. We all know there are no magic indicators but there is an indicator that certainly acted like magic over several decades. What indicator is it? Our reliable RSI indicator. Over the past few years the standard 2-period trading system as defined in the book, “Short Term Trading Strategies That Work“, has been in a drawdown. During 2011 the market experienced a sudden and sustained drop which put the system into loss. It has been slowly recovering since. Below is an equity graph depicting the trading system’s equity curve trading the SPX index from 1983. You can easily see the […]Read more ›
Post Tagged with: "Connors"
- Using “Jenga” To Explain The Housing Crisis
- The Wall Street Code
- Effective Indicators for Trading Strategies
- From Predictive Modeling to Optimization: The Next Frontier
- Computer Algorithms Flying Quadcopters…Amazing!
- High Frequency Trading and The New Algorithmic Ecosystem
- The Impact of Algorithmic Trading